Computer Support Specialist
Reports to: Associate Director of Information Technology
Curtis Institute of Music has embarked on an ambitious plan to extend its reach worldwide, including multiple technological initiatives. As part of that effort, Curtis’s new IT department, founded in 2017, has significant responsibility defining and implementing new strategies. We drive progress--from the top, by implementing user-friendly solutions for institutional strategies, and from the ground up, by empowering people throughout the organization to innovate inventively and effectively. The Computer Support Manager will be essential to that progress, chiefly by guaranteeing that our computing environments are stable, powerful, and well-managed. As a member of a small, agile department, successful candidates will also demonstrate an ability to contribute productively to our growth and adaptation, as Curtis exploits new digital opportunities.
- In collaboration with an outside support team and colleagues at Curtis, provide expert support for business software including Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and a variety of enterprise business software such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, and Education Management Suite.
- Onboarding new users and offboarding departing users.
- Purchase, prepare, maintain, and track our fleet of laptop and desktop computers and computing devices, including Windows 10 laptops, Apple iPads, and MacBook Pros and Airs, as well as all related accessories.
- Manage relationships with vendors of service, software, and hardware, including all networked printers, copiers and scanners.
- Supporting the Academic Technology Specialist’s work to maintain proper operation of campus AV systems.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
Curtis welcomes applications from people with a wide variety of experience and backgrounds, who are eager to work hard, learn, and contribute. Experience should include and/or exhibit:
- Two or more years of experience providing technology support
- Experience supporting Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office, fundraising systems such as RE:NXT, accounting systems such as FE:NXT, student information systems, learning management systems, and other tools common in higher education
- Experience with asset tracking systems, remote deployment systems, issue tracking systems, and project management systems
- Demonstrated excellence ina customer service roles
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- A demonstrated problem-solving attitude: relishing challenges, finding creative solutions, and facilitating productive relationships
- Experience with music and graphics software and hardware a plus.
Other Important Requirements:
- You will attend frequent meetings with staff, faculty and students
- Occasionally, you will shepherd the audio-visual or online components of events (auditions, master classes, speaking engagements, presentations) outside of normal business hours
- You will be one of several IT staff members sometimes on call for emergencies outside of business hours.
Required Core Values:
The ideal candidate must exhibit:
- a positive, “can-do” attitude
- devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
- passion for their work, and contribution to the field and greater good
- commitment and accountability for their work, and an ability to effect change
- desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
- respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
- an eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Routine for office environment
- Some physical labor involving equipment moves and room setup, including the ability to lift, briefly, up to 30 pounds. Curtis maintains several historic buildings to which egress is gained by stairs only.
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefit package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu