Curtis 20/21 Ensemble
ABOUT THE CURTIS 20/21 ENSEMBLE
Flexible in size and scope, the Curtis 20/21 Ensemble performs a wide range of music from the 20th and 21st centuries, including works by Curtis students and alumni. The ensemble has appeared at major U.S. venues such as the Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall, and Miller Theatre, as well as internationally. The Curtis 20/21 Ensemble collaborates with some of today’s most prominent artists, including Charles Dutoit, eighth blackbird, and Matthias Pintscher. It has presented portrait concerts of iconic composers in residence John Corigliano, George Crumb, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Steven Stucky, among others. Of the ensemble’s Joan Tower portrait program, the New York Times wrote, “Ms. Tower could hardly have hoped for more passionate performances. ” The Curtis 20/21 Ensemble is led by artistic director David Ludwig.
Noted as “a stellar Curtis group” by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Curtis 20/21 often performs in major venues beyond the school and is committed to performing and commissioning works from Curtis composers, both current students and alumni.
2013-14 Curtis 20/21 Ensemble Season
www.curtis.edu/Curtis2021, (215) 893-5261
- Use the Events Calendar for more than program information, dates, and times. You can add events to your personal calendar, e-mail friends, and more. Learn more about using the Events Calendar.
- Follow the Curtis 20/21 Ensemble on Twitter @Curtis2021.
This season’s eminent guest artist list includes (in order of appearance):
* Krzysztof Penderecki is a Composer-in-Residence at Curtis this season. Hear the Curtis Symphony Orchestra perform the U.S. premiere of Penderecki’s Concerto doppio for Violin, Viola, and Orchestra on April 13, 2014.
- Listen on Instant Encore.
- Birds of a Feather: A leading new-music ensemble provides a model for Curtis students to follow