More to Watch: June 29–July 5
Curtis is happy to share a small sampling of the performances available this week from our alumni, peer organizations, and friends.
To help slow the spread of the coronavirus, organizations and artists around the world have had to cancel in-person performances and find creative ways to share their music. Curtis is happy to share a small sampling of the performances available this week from our alumni, peer organizations, and friends. All times shown are EDT.
- The Philadelphia Virtual Music Phestival hosts weekly live online recitals. The next takes place on Wednesday, July 1 at 7 p.m. with Curtis piano graduate Hugh Sung. Watch online.
- The Philadelphia Orchestra and Yannick Nézet-Séguin share performances every Thursday at 8 p.m. Watch online.
- On Fridays at 3 p.m., alumnus Teddy Abrams co-hosts In This Together with Daniel Gilliam on WUOL in Louisville. Listen online.
- Violinist and alumna Jennifer Koh has launched an online commissioning project and performances series, “Alone Together,” to support composers. New mini commissions for solo violin will be premiered via live stream every Saturday at 7 p.m. Watch online.
- On Sunday, July 5 at 3 p.m. the Des Moines Metro Opera presents at 2018 production of Rusalka, with opera graduate Evan LeRoy Johnson and directed by resident stage director Chas Rader-Shieber. Watch online.
- The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center features pianist and Curtis Summerfest master class presenter Anne-Marie McDermott in their Front Row series at 5 p.m. on Sunday, July 5. She is joined by other Summerfest and Curtis colleagues, including Bella Hristova, Tara Helen O’Connor, and Ida Kavafian. Watch online.
- The Kimmel Center Cultural Campus, along with its resident companies, has created “The Show Must Go On”, an invitation to stay connected virtually. Explore the various offerings from Opera Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society, the Kimmel Center, and more online.
- Alumna Elena Urioste and pianist Tom Poster release video duets periodically as part of their “self-isolation, self-entertainment” project. Watch online.
Curtis alumni, we want to hear about your upcoming performances and special projects! Please share news by submitting an “Upcoming Performance” with the online Notations form, tagging @CurtisInstitute on social media, or contacting email@example.com.