The Alumni Relations Office encourages interaction among alumni, students, and Curtis.
Curtis would not be Curtis without you, our alumni. You are the most vital expression of Curtis in the world outside Philadelphia. Thank you for the music you make, the connections you keep alive, and the integrity you bring to your work, whether it is in music or another profession.
Online ALUMNI Resources and benefits
Create a Curtis Alumni email address!
Explore Curtis's memories. Our archives, programs, and recordings—the memories of your time at Curtis—are preserved in various media.
- Archive.org contains digital scans of recital programs (1924–57), admissions catalogs (1924–71), and Overtones magazine (1929-74): Select “Browse by date” for a list of the complete collection, then sample the offerings.
- Check out the Curtis Archives website for online archival exhibits. Subscribe to the blog Notes from the Archives to stay informed about new exhibits and interesting historical finds in Curtis's archival collections.
- See a timeline of Curtis history in pictures.
- If you're in town, stop by the Graffman Common Room for the most recent archival display.
Did you know that Curtis has a searchable online directory just for alumni? Look up a former classmate by instrument or graduation year. If you're visiting or moving to a new city, look up alumni by location. Create a log-in, update your own information and search!
Use of Practice and Recording Facilities
- Practicing: Alumni are welcome to practice at Curtis, subject to availability, whether you live nearby or are just in town for a day. Contact Makiko Freeman, registrar, for more information.
- Recording: Subject to availability, alumni may take advantage of our state-of-the-art recording facilities for audio or video use. Curtis will waive the space rental fee for recording sessions for alumni, and recording services are available at a special alumni discount. Curtis doesn't charge alumni a space rental fee. Contact Nan Alderson, director of facility operations, for more information.
- Performances: Alumni wishing to rent Curtis facilities for performances and events should contact Anna Matheson, director of special events and facility sales, for date availability and information about alumni discount rental rates.
Alumni are entitled to complimentary tickets, when available, to Curtis Symphony Orchestra, Curtis Opera Theatre, and Curtis On Tour performances. Please contact Erica Warburg in Patron Services for availability.
Please contact us for help with these and other inquiries.
Laura Sancken, director of alumni and parent relations, (215) 717-3128
Visit the Alumni Relations Office on the second floor of the Rubenstein Centre, 1620 Locust Street.
Curtis Institute of Music
Alumni Relations Office
1726 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103