Senior Director of Information and Academic Technology
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Digital Strategy & Innovation
Department: Digital Strategy & Innovation
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reporting to the SVP Technology, the Senior Director of Information & Academic Technology is responsible for technical infrastructure, data management, network security, classroom technologies, and enterprise applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define, manage, and optimize technology service offerings and provide technical oversight of these services.
- Oversee current migration and upgrade of network, hardware, and security infrastructure.
- Manage data collection, storage, and backup.
- Manage and administer cybersecurity policies, including regular external audits, intrusion testing, phishing software, firewall security, and anti-virus software.
- Work with consultants to create a seamless transition of services and mitigate interruption of business.
- Oversee selection and maintenance of classroom technology in consultation classroom technology support and faculty.
- Plan for the long-term needs of the IT department in coordination with SVP Technology.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and expansion of services to support institutional goals and meet the needs of key stakeholders.
- Partner with departments to assess and recommend technologies that support organizational needs.
- Provide departmental management and oversight of staffing, vendors, purchasing, and budgeting.
- Manage small team of FT employees.
- Manage annual IT budget.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate stakeholders in the use of technology to create a more efficient work environment.
- Work closely with the SVP Technology to strengthen communication channels with administration, faculty, and other key internal stakeholders.
- Support an environment of collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Ensure operational excellence and the adoption of best practices and service improvements.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a technology role.
- 7+ years as a technology lead responsible for managing others and cross-functional technology projects.
- Demonstrable expertise in at least one technical area with working knowledge of the others: cybersecurity, data management, database development and maintenance, cloud, software development, database administration, networks, classroom technology, a/v technology.
- Knowledge of development best practices and methodologies (AGILE, SCRUM).
- Strong analytical skills, keen attention to detail, and passion for excellence.
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills. Demonstrated ease in summarizing technical issues and communicating concepts to non-technical staff.
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA.
Candidates should have a strong orientation toward:
- Maintaining a collaborative mindset in a small but high achieving organization
- Improving upon personal and institutional practices to make Curtis ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
- Administrative excellence that matches the excellence of the Curtis student body
Required Core Values:
The ideal candidate must exhibit:
- a positive, “can-do” attitude
- devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
- passion for their work, and contribution to the field and greater good
- commitment and accountability for their work, and their ability to affect change
- desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
- respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
- an eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Standard for a routine office environment
- This position is located on our Philadelphia, PA campus
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefits package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu