Reports to: Director of Marketing
Department: Digital Strategy & Innovation
The Marketing Associate is the primary staff person dedicated to providing superlative customer service to the constituents of Curtis for ticketed performances and events. The Marketing Associate supports the execution and integrity of over 200 live performances and 50 events annually. The Marketing Associate will interact frequently with a distinguished community of donors, ticket buyers, faculty, staff, alumni and students.
- Assist with administrative support for advertising campaigns, including ticket campaigns, digital initiatives, and paid social media.
- Maintain and update master departmental calendars with relevant deadlines and activities, including performance asset calendars, requests, ad trafficking and logistics around media orders.
- Liaison with print, radio, TV, digital and other advertising partners.
- Occasionally serve as front-of-house management for ticketed performances and special events.
- Provide primary support and exceptional service to all patrons by accurately processing ticket orders, exchanges, event registration, contributions and feedback.
- Collect and process ticket orders into database and deliver customer confirmations.
- Promote and upsell additional offers to patrons.
- Provide timely response to requests for information received by mail, phone and email.
- Create database records to track patron engagements: compliments, complaints, comments.
- Assist in preparation of mailings and other communications.
- Respond appropriately and in a timely fashion to key stakeholders and staff.
- Run and distribute reports as needed.
- Support departmental budget tracking, invoice processing, and credit card expense reconciliation.
- Manage marketing displays at events and ensure creative assets are ordered in time to meet deadlines.
- Assist with planning, set-up, and execution of internal and external marketing events.
- Conduct facility tours of Curtis to individuals and groups as needed.
- Maintain and track list of partners and contacts for audience development initiatives.
- Work on weekends and evenings as needed on campus or in the community.
- Work collaboratively with the other 3 members of the marketing colleagues to maintain a responsive, high-performing team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- College degree required.
- 2 years of customer service experience working in a retail, call center, or performing arts environment.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service by all service channels.
- Knowledge of classical music and ability to communicate the mission, goals, and activities of the school with credibility, passion, and enthusiasm.
- Professional communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with MS office; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Commitment and accountability for your work.
- Run basic reports as needed.
Required Core Values:
The ideal candidate must exhibit:
- a positive, “can-do” attitude
- devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
- passion for their work, and contribution to the field and greater good
- commitment and accountability for their work, and an ability to effect change
- desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
- respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
- an eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Routine for office environment
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefit package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu