Director of Marketing
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Digital Strategy & Innovation
Department: Digital Strategy & Innovation
This position will work collaboratively with education and administrative functions of Curtis toward the achievement of several strategic goals: to support the growth and success of our students; to raise the profile of the school in Philadelphia and beyond; to position Curtis as an essential community resource for Philadelphia; to help diversify, expand, and strengthen the Curtis community; and to support a stable financial foundation on which to build the next 100 years of world-class education and artistry.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan to reach earned revenue goals.
- Define and implement engagement and retention plans for key stakeholders: subscribers, single ticket buyers, free event attendees, community participants, and online audiences.
- Develop campaigns, customer experience training, special events, and other resources to diversify and deepen engagement with existing stakeholder groups.
- Collaborate with Advancement and PR/Comms to oversee outward-facing communication.
- Manage the design and production of print and digital collateral, and branded merchandise.
- Oversee relationships with external vendors: brand agency, web design agency, advertisers, etc.
- Oversee digital platforms, including website, digital advertising, email, and social media.
- Provide marketing strategy development for various organizational programs, including Opera, Orchestra, Student Recitals Series, Ensemble 20/21, Composer in Residence, Curtis Mentor Network, Curtis on Tour, and summer programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting institution-wide brand consistency.
- Conduct marketing research and identify new opportunities for growth and development.
- Proactively engage with colleagues to provide insights and practical solutions that support departmental goals in all areas of musician lifecycle engagement, from prospects to alumni.
- Manage departmental budget of approximately $300,000.
- Lead a team of three full-time employees.
- Occasional copy writing and proofreading.
- Perform related responsibilities as required.
The successful candidate is an optimistic, strategic, collaborative, creative, curious, results-motivated marketing professional with fastidious attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to create and implement a plan toward successful outcomes.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- 5-7 years of significant experience marketing concerts & events.
- A track record of increased responsibilities, including successful earned income achievements.
- Comprehensive digital marketing strategy experience with social media, advertising, and email to both drive revenue and expand the brand.
- Innovative, forward-thinking professional with exceptional interpersonal skills, a genuine and infectious enthusiasm for young artists and the mission of Curtis.
- Ability to think analytically and creatively; a fact-based, data-driven professional.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to foster an environment that is conducive to open and direct communication with individuals of varying degrees of involvement with the school.
- A resourceful, results-oriented leader with the ability to think strategically, generate new ideas, prioritize, plan, set goals and objectives, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to speak credibly and persuasively about Curtis’s mission and vision.
- Experience in pricing tickets and forecasting sales.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills as needed for marketing materials.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Motivated by working in a small, fast-paced work environment.
Required Core Values:
The ideal candidate must exhibit:
- a positive, “can-do” attitude
- devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
- passion for their work, and contribution to the field and greater good
- commitment and accountability for their work, and an ability to effect change
- desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
- respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
- an eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Routine for office environment
- Flexibility for night/weekend work occasionally required
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefit package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu