Reports to: Director of Patron Relations
Department: Institutional Advancement
The CRM System Specialist ensures integrity and daily usability of Curtis’s customer relationship database in Raiser’s Edge and is responsible for the administration of all philanthropic financial transactions in the database. Reporting to the Director of Patron Relations, the System Specialist works across the advancement, marketing, and communications teams to maintain the viability of backend data structures, mindful of the ease, understanding, and accessibility for frontend users.
- Works with the senior members of the advancement team to design and update database policies and procedures to meet business requirements and fundraising needs.
- Runs quarterly national change of address (NCOA) updates, manages other data enrichment services, and handles global changes in the database.
- Tests and evaluates the database regularly to ensure data integrity and functionality.
- Provides proactive and reactive data management support, database account support, and training to all users.
- Monitors database performance, implementing changes and critical updates as needed.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity and latitude to best serve the data needs of the development team and the greater Curtis community.
- Proactively researches database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Performs an annual review of constituent data to ensure critical changes and updates are implemented.
Gift Entry, Acknowledgements, and fundraising reporting:
- Processes all gifts made to Curtis according to protocols mutually agreed upon by the advancement and the business offices of Curtis and keeps organized, digital records of all gift collateral.
- Acts as the main liaison between the business office of Curtis and advancement, reporting daily on gifts made to Curtis and providing a monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliation.
- Works with the development team to create monthly fundraising performance and projection reports.
- Works with members of the advancement team to develop accurate lists and reports for marketing, fundraising, and engagement needs.
- Produces gift acknowledgements and receipts within 48-hours of gift processing and pledge reminder letters on a quarterly basis.
- Pulls segmented constituent lists in a timely manner for the marketing, communications, and advancement departments of the school, ensuring the utmost accuracy.
- Creates custom reports in Raiser’s Edge for Curtis leadership and the advancement team.
- Creates and updates event registration pages and online donation forms.
- Works with IT to research and implement software integrations as needed.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- In-depth and versatile understanding of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud products; Professional Raiser’s Edge certification preferred.
- Proven work experience as a database administrator, preferably in a complex fundraising environment.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding within a fundraising and community engagement environment.
- Proactive and solution-oriented outlook.
- Ability to lead, follow, and collaborate within a small team environment.
Candidates should have a strong orientation toward:
- improving upon and keeping front of mind personal and institutional practices to make Curtis ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- maintaining a collaborative mindset in a small but high achieving organization.
- administrative excellence that matches the excellence of the Curtis student body.
Required Core Values:
The ideal candidate must exhibit:
- a positive, “can-do” attitude
- devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
- passion for their work, and contribution to the field and greater good
- commitment and accountability for their work, and an ability to effect change
- desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
- respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
- an eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Routine for office environment
- Night/weekend work occasionally required
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefit package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu