Associate Director of Institutional Giving
Report to: Senior Director of Development
A key member of the development team’s relationship manager team, the Associate Director of Institutional Giving maintains a pool of corporate, foundation, and government donors. Responsible for the activities of the institutional giving program, the Associate Director of Institutional Giving collaborates with the Senior Director of Development and key staff to ensure that departmental and institutional goals are met, by actively participating in planning sessions and monitoring progress to fundraising goals and objectives.
- Achieve an annually determined fundraising goal for general operating and restricted programmatic support of the Curtis Institute of Music.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward the Curtis Institute of Music’s pipeline of institutional donors with an emphasis on new sources of contributed revenue.
- Write letters of intent, grant proposals, and reports for foundation grants and other institutional grants as assigned. Ensure timely submission and compliance with grant guidelines.
- Serve as the program manager for major, governmental, and multi-year grants to ensure timely fulfillment of grant requirements including the project content, budget, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Development to manage the Curtis Corporate Partners program; drive stewardship events and communications/mailings to foster stewardship of corporate, foundation, and select individual donors.
- Oversee the completion of briefings for Curtis senior staff members in preparation for their meetings with corporate and foundation representatives.
- Oversee accurate recordkeeping for all institutional records in Curtis’s Raiser’s Edge system.
- Maintains active C.C.R., Grants.gov, and lobbyist discourse registrations.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Development, the Curtis Controller, HR Manager, and Communications Office to update the Pennsylvania Cultural Data Project (PACDP) annually.
- Coordinates recognition and cultivation of institutional donors including: proofing donor listings, sponsor credits and logo placement, reception invitations, etc.
- Collaborates with advancement colleagues to design and develop content for institutional website pages, newsletters, articles, press releases, Etc.
- Work with the leadership and key stack holders of various departments across Curtis to develop and refine project and program specific grants and proposals.
- Minimum of four (4) years demonstrated institutional giving or related experience.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising results.
- Strong organization and analytical skills; evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail, and creativity.
- Knowledge of music and ability to communication the mission, goals, and activities of the school with credibility, passion, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and to work in partnership with senior-level volunteers, colleagues, faculty, students, and others.
- Familiarity with Raisers’s Edge.
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends.
Required Core Values:
The ideal candidate must exhibit:
- a positive, “can-do” attitude
- devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
- passion for his/her work, and contribution to the field and greater good
- commitment and accountability for his/her work, and his/her ability to effect change
- desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
- respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
- an eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Routine office environment
- Some night and weekend work required
- Some holiday break hours required
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, two professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com by August 28, 2019. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefit package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of a criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu