Advancement and Administration Associate
Reports to: Associate Director, Campaign and Strategic Initiatives and Board Liaison
The Curtis Institute of Music is globally renowned for excellence in classical music education. Our mission is to educate and train exceptionally gifted young musicians to engage a local and global community through the highest level of artistry. In service of this goal, admission to Curtis is based solely on artistic promise, and full-tuition scholarships are provided for all admitted students.
Curtis seeks an Advancement and Administration Associate to assist the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Administration, Board Liaison, and the office of Institutional Advancement (fundraising) with operational, logistical, and administrative support. The ideal person for the job will be self-motivated, creative, resultsdriven, and capable of working cross-departmentally in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The successful candidate will gain a deep understanding of the day-to-day operations and administration of a complex non-profit organization.
- Provide administrative support for SVP of Administration including scheduling internal and external meetings, drafting correspondence, and coordinating travel.
- Act as office manager and primary administrative support person for Advancement department including organizing and overseeing departmental mailings, scheduling meetings, ordering office supplies, and answering general phone and email inquiries.
- Work with Board Liaison to ensure all board work is well documented and appropriately archived. Annually, lead creation of the Board of Trustees handbook and directory.
- Manage logistics for board and committee meetings and provide support for Advancement meetings and events, including staffing some evening and weekend engagements. Serve as primary liaison with in-house caterer, A/V, and facilities when scheduling events and meetings on campus.
- Track and reconcile departmental budget for Advancement; manage reimbursements for SVP of Administration and Advancement department.
- Ensure data hygiene by researching and updating donor database with corrected contact information for trustees, alumni, parents, donors, and ticket buyers. Assist in data entry and donor research efforts.
- Capacity to balance competing priorities and manage up in a complex environment while maintaining a high level of confidentiality, quality, and accuracy.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Interest and experience developing new systems for project management to increase efficiency within cross-departmental work.
- Well-developed listening, writing, and editing skills including familiarity with writing in voices other than candidate’s own. Writing samples may be requested in the hiring process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Ability and willingness to learn other software programs as needed. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge (or other constituent databases) and design skills are a plus.
Required Core Values:
Shared values and orientation
- a positive, "can-do" attitude
dedication to Curtis, its students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and prospective students
passion for their work, and contribution to the field and greater good
commitment to and accountability for their work, and their ability to effect change
working with energy, empathy, and resolve
respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
improving upon and keeping front of mind personal and institutional practices to make Curtis ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- This position is based on the Curtis Institute of Music's Philadelphia campus
- Hybrid and in-person work schedules are available
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefit package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. No phone calls, please. EOE. URL: http://www.curtis.edu