Title: Coordinator of Touring and Community Engagement
Reports to: Director of Curtis on Tour and Director of Professional Development and Community Engagement
Department: Department of Performance Studies
Reporting to the director of professional development and community dngagement and the director of Curtis on Tour, the coordinator of touring and community engagement provides administrative support to both directors and is responsible for coordinating touring, community engagement, and logistical and travel details associated with student professional development initiatives. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to manage multiple priorities, and exercise good judgment and independent thinking in problem solving. The ideal candidate will also need a flexible schedule to be on-call when additional work hours or travel on tour are necessary.
- Coordinate travel and logistics for community engagement events and tours, including but not limited to: booking flights, ground transportation, and hotel accommodations; and facilitating the processing of required visas.
- Produce and keep up-to-date tour and engagement itineraries; manage the dissemination of itineraries and the communication of engagement details with artists, presenters, and colleagues, as appropriate.
- Generate concert program copy specific to performances and distribute to presenters and community partners in advance of print deadlines.
- Prepare engagement contracts and riders as directed by the directors; manage the sending, receiving, and tracking of all contracts.
- Facilitate the distribution of marketing materials, media, and other collateral to presenters, global partners, community partners, and funders, in close coordination with the Curtis advancement department.
- Manage and track outgoing and incoming payments and fees to ensure timely receipt; handle reimbursements and expense reporting; facilitate the regular tracking of professional development, community engagement, and tour budgets and expenses; coordinate closely with the business office regarding all financial-related business.
- Be an ambassador for the Curtis Institute of Music externally when interacting with presenters, audiences, and community partners, representing Curtis touring and engagement initiatives.
- Accompany musicians on selected tours, residencies, and engagements to manage travel and logistics, facilitate artist needs, coordinate with presenters/community partners, and administer all on-tour duties as needed.
- Provide on-call support during tours and engagements to handle any unforeseen logistical issues.
- Coordinate professional development workshops, office hours, and speakers throughout the year.
- Maintain up-to-date calendars for tours and community engagement events in internal systems. Track tour data for statistical reporting and historical record-keeping.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of presenters, global partners, and community partners.
- Ensure community engagement and tour-related information is kept up-to-date on Curtis.edu; coordinate necessary updates with the advancement department; assist with expansion of tour and community engagement-related online content.
- Provide general administrative support for the directors; maintain regular office hours and administer essential daily functions including the processing of mail, telephone, and e-mail communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent administrative writing skills, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive worker with the ability to manage multiple project timelines and priorities.
- Experience with travel logistics, tour or concert production, and community engagement.
- Schedule flexibility to work additional hours and travel as needed.
- Mature interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- College degree and knowledge of classical music.
- Knowledge of and comfort working with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (ie, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access)
- Knowledge of foreign languages a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a resume, two professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com by August 5, 2016. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefits package. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please. EOE.
Title: Piano Technician
Reports to: Chief Piano Technician
Department: Piano Maintenance Workshop
The Piano Technician is a full-time position which reports to the Chief Piano Technician. The successful candidate will assist in concert-level tuning, voicing, regulation, repair, and rebuilding to maintain performance, teaching studio, classroom, and practice room pianos both on the Curtis campus and at off-site venues. As Curtis is an all-Steinway school, candidates should have experience with installation and use of genuine Steinway parts and be familiar with Steinway geometry changes. Candidates should be adept at multi-tasking projects and have a flexible schedule to coincide with changes in rehearsals, teaching times, and a busy performance schedule throughout the year. Working closely with faculty, students, staff, guest artists, and members of the community, the successful candidate must have good communication skills and be able to help create and maintain a positive and professional demeanor. Applicants should ideally have earned their RPT status and be highly organized, self-motivated, efficient, and committed to accomplishing work with the highest standards. Curtis supports continuing education for this position.
Information about Curtis facilities can be found at: http://www.curtis.edu/about-curtis/facilities/
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, two professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefits package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. Position will be open until filled. No phone calls, please. EOE.