Each year Curtis welcomes parents of current students to campus to celebrate the talents and accomplishments of their children.
Family Weekend 2013
Friday-Sunday, October 18-20
All parents are invited for Family Weekend! Concerts are the cornerstone activities. You’ll also have opportunities to get to know Curtis, Philadelphia, and your fellow parents better. Formal activities begin on Saturday.
Register for events.
For more information, contact Victoria Koursaros, (215) 717-3161.
Order complimentary tickets for Curtis Symphony Orchestra Season Premiere.
Friday, October 18
- 8.p.m. Opening Student Recital
- 12:30 p.m. Dean's Panel Discussion: New Trends in Music. Dean of Faculty and Students Paul Bryan facilities. Panelists include Dean of Artistic Programs David Ludwig, and Dean of Vocal Studies Mikael Eliasen, Mary Javian (Double Bass '99), Michelle Cann (Piano '13). Field Concert Hall, 1726 Locust Street
- 4 p.m. Road trip to Allentown. Travel by luxury bus to Allentown for dinner with your children, followed by the Curtis Symphony Orchestra performance at Miller Symphony Hall. (Paid event)
- 8 p.m. Curtis Symphony Orchestra concert (Paid event)
Miller Symphony Hall, 23 N. 6th St, Allentown, Penna.
Field Concert Hall, 1726 Locust Street
Saturday, October 19
- 12:30 p.m. Brunch at the home of Joan Chait, member of the Friends of Curtis Board and chair of Curtis’s Host Program (Paid event)
10 Rittenhouse Square
- 3 p.m. Curtis Symphony Orchestra Season Premiere concert
Kimmel Center, Broad and Spruce streets
- The Sonesta Hotel, 1800 Market Street, offers a Curtis rate of $149 (standard) and $169 (upgraded). Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-SONESTA and requesting the Curtis Institute of Music rate. Or, guests can visit Sonesta Hotel to book the discounted rate.
- Club Quarters, 1628 Chestnut Street, also offers a Curtis rate of $149 (+tax). Reservations may be made by calling 215-282-5100 and requesting the Curtis Institute of Music rate.
- All rates subject to change and availability.
- Curtis Friends nearby have offered their guest rooms to parents for the weekend. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact Anne O'Donnell if you're interested.
- 10 a.m. Coffee in the Bok Room for Graduates and Families
- 11 a.m. Commencement in Field Concert Hall
- 12:30 p.m. Commencement Luncheon in Lenfest Hall
Sunday, October 20
Saturday, May 10, 2014