Each year Curtis welcomes parents of current students to campus to celebrate the talents and accomplishments of their children.
Family Weekend 2012
Sunday-Monday, October 14-15, 2012
All parents are invited for Family Weekend, which will provide various opportunities for getting to know Curtis better along with your fellow parents. The festivities culminate on Monday night with the performance of the Curtis Symphony Orchestra.
Complimentary parent tickets available.
Register by October 1 for any or all of these events.
For more information please contact Victoria Koursaros, (215) 717-3161.
Sunday, October 14
- Noon Registration
Bok Room, 1726 Locust Street
- 12:30 p.m. Brunch at the home of Joan Chait, member of the Friends of Curtis Board (paid event)
10 Rittenhouse Square
- 3 p.m. Alumni Recital Series: Hsin-Yung Huang (Viola ’92) and Friends (paid event)
Field Concert Hall, 1726 Locust Street
Monday, October 15
- 10:30 a.m. Panel Discussion: Music Careers in the 21st Century with President Roberto Díaz
Gould Rehearsal Hall, Lenfest Hall
- 1 p.m. Time with your family! Lunch on your own.
- 2:30 p.m. Tour of the Barnes Foundation (paid event)
2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- 6 p.m. Dinner (paid event)
Locks Board Room, Lenfest Hall
- 8 p.m. Curtis Symphony Orchestra.
Kimmel Center, Broad and Spruce Streets
- The Sonesta Hotel, 1800 Market Street, offers a Curtis rate of $149 (standard) and $169 (upgraded). Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-SONESTA and requesting the Curtis Institute of Music rate. Or, guests can visit Sonesta Hotel to book the discounted rate.
- Club Quarters, 1628 Chestnut Street, also offers a Curtis rate of $124 (+tax). Reservations may be made by calling 212-575-0006 or 215-282-5100 and requesting the Curtis Institute of Music rate.
- All rates subject to change and availability.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
- 10 a.m. Coffee in the Bok Room
- 11 a.m. Commencement in Field Concert Hall
- 12:30 p.m. Commencement Luncheon in Lenfest Hall