Host Family Application
To apply to be a member of the Host Family Program please take a moment to read through and complete the online application below. Application requirements include submission of two letters of reference. Once your application and letters have been received you will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in the Curtis Host Family Program!
Host expectations include:
- Attending your student’s recitals and performances whenever possible
- Communicating with your student regularly by phone, e-mail, or text (Student schedules are demanding so patience and persistence helps.)
- Inviting your student to your home at least a few times a year for lunch or dinner, or taking him/her out to a community event
- Inviting your student to join you for seasonal holidays, your student’s birthday, for example (when practical)
- Attending major Curtis performances when your schedule permits: Curtis Symphony Orchestra, Curtis Opera Theatre
- Acquainting your student with cultural offerings available in Philadelphia and the region.
Our students typically have high academic standing and come from the U.S. and around the globe. Curtis has no age requirement; most students are college-aged. If you are interested in becoming a host, please complete the online application below. Two letters of reference are also required.
For more information about the Curtis Host Family Program, e-mail Laurel Grady, associate dean, student services and international student affairs.