Curtis 20/21 Ensemble
ABOUT THE CURTIS 20/21 ENSEMBLE
Curtis 20/21 is the contemporary music ensemble of the Curtis Institute of Music. Performing a wide range of music of 20th- and 21st-century composers, the group is flexible in size and scope to include works for solo performers, chamber groups, and larger ensembles with conductor. Curtis 20/21 frequently collaborates with guest artists and composers, including eighth blackbird, Matthias Pintscher, Lucy Shelton, Charles Dutoit, and Peter Serkin, as well as Curtis faculty and alumni. Guest composers-in-residence have included John Corigliano, Joan Tower, and George Crumb.
Noted as “a stellar Curtis group” by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Curtis 20/21 often performs in major venues beyond the school and is committed to performing and commissioning works from Curtis composers, both current students and alumni.
2013-14 Curtis 20/21 Ensemble Season
www.curtis.edu/Curtis2021, (215) 893-5261
- Use the Events Calendar for more than program information, dates, and times. You can add events to your personal calendar, e-mail friends, and more. Learn more about using the Events Calendar.
- Follow the Curtis 20/21 Ensemble on Twitter @Curtis2021.
This season’s eminent guest artist list includes (in order of appearance):
* Krzysztof Penderecki is a Composer-in-Residence at Curtis this season. Hear the Curtis Symphony Orchestra perform the U.S. premiere of Penderecki’s Concerto doppio for Violin, Viola, and Orchestra on April 13, 2014.
- Listen on Instant Encore.
- Birds of a Feather: A leading new-music ensemble provides a model for Curtis students to follow