Support Lenfest Hall
Lenfest Hall is the first major expansion of the Curtis Institute of Music's campus in more than two decades.
Designed by renowned Philadelphia architects Venturi, Scott Brown and Associates, Lenfest Hall opened in the fall of 2011 at a festive ribbon-cutting celebration.
Lenfest Hall is named in honor of Curtis Board Chairman H. F. "Gerry" Lenfest and Curtis Overseer Marguerite Lenfest, who spearheaded the campaign to fund the building’s construction with a transformational $30 million challenge. A challenge campaign completed in 2009 raised $60 million which, when added to $5 million previously raised, completes a $65 million campaign to fund the building's construction. Curtis received more than 60 gifts from individual and foundation donors in support of the Lenfest Hall project.
Curtis is now raising an additional $5 million to endow the building’s operations. A number of naming opportunities remain for those who wish to contribute, and gifts of all sizes to the Lenfest Hall Endowment Fund are welcomed.
The facility addresses Curtis's long-established needs for additional space, including an appropriate orchestra rehearsal room and greatly expanded teaching and practice facilities to relieve excessive pressures on the historic main building at 1726 Locust Street. The building will also allow Curtis to provide, for the first time, student residences and dining facilities for the Curtis community.
Charles Sterne III, director of principal gifts and planned giving, (215) 717-3126