Endowed faculty chairs honor, attract, and retain Curtis’s exemplary teachers, guaranteeing students the finest training possible and access to the musical traditions and legacies that have earned Curtis its unparalleled reputation. Thanks to a generous matching grant from Curtis Board Chairman H. F. “Gerry” Lenfest, each gift of $1.5 million or more (present value) to endow a faculty chair will generate another $1.5 million for the Curtis endowment, up to a total of $17 million.
- Faculty chairs may be endowed in perpetuity with gifts beginning at $1.5 million.
- Head-of Department chairs may be endowed with gifts of $2 million or more.
- Term faculty chairs may be established for twenty years with gifts beginning at $1 million (not elligible for matching funds).
How to give
An endowed faculty chair can be funded:
- over a period of five or fewer years
- through a bequest or other testamentary gift (a gift to Curtis that is part of an estate plan)
- through a life-income plan, such as a charitable remainder trust, the Curtis Pooled Income Fund, or a charitable gift annuity
- through a lead trust
Charles Sterne III, director of principal gifts and planned giving, (215) 717-3126