Welcome to the Keys for Curtis "piano pages." For the campaign, this piano has been named after composer Sergei Prokofiev, one of the twenty-two composers selected to represent the deep heritage and diversity of classical music.
This Piano will be "Adopted" by a Curtis Student
One of the school's 165 students will "adopt" this new Steinway piano and serve as an ambassador and advocate for the Keys for Curtis campaign. You'll learn more about the student and the piano here on this web page in the months ahead.
About This Piano
- On September 8 and 9, 2010, members of the Curtis piano faculty visited the Steinway factory in Long Island and selected twenty-two new pianos needed when Curtis expands its campus to include Lenfest Hall.
- Steinway & Sons began building fine pianos in 1853. Handmade and built to last for generations, Steinway pianos are exceptional investments as well as superb musical instruments.
- Curtis has been an "All-Steinway School" since its founding in 1924 - one of nine conservatories, eighty colleges and unversities, and twenty-one other schools of distinction so designated.
- This piano, one of the school's eight new Steinway Professional Model K upright pianos, was handcrafted in the same factory as Steinway's grand pianos, using the same techniques, conditioning processes, and craftsmen. The Model K, which is fifty-two inches high, features a soundboard larger in area than many grand pianos. Like all Steinway pianos, this musical instrument is built of the finest materials to the highest quality standards.
- In July, 2011, the "Prokofiev" Steinway & SOns piano, #588523, was delivered to Lenfest Hall and assigned to Room 315, one of the two Amaranth Foundation Practice Rooms.
You Can Help by Purchasing a Piano Key
- Make a gift of $50 for each piano key you would like to buy, then Curtis will place your name next to one of this piano's eighty-eight keys, listed below.
- Make a note of the key or keys you would like to select and the name of this piano (Prokofiev). Then make your contribution online, or call the Curtis Development Office at (215) 893-5279. Just mention that you want to give to "Keys For Curtis."
- To thank you for helping Curtis purchase this new Steinway piano, we'll send you a "Keys For Curtis" keychain!
THANK YOU for your gift to Curtis!
|F3#||34||Tony Brown, in memory of Anne Flower Janney|
|C4 - Middle C||40|
|A4||49||Susie & Geoff Mills, in honor of the marriage of Marija Ugrinich & Matthew Chiachetti|
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Curtis Development Office, (215) 893-5279 and mention "Keys for Curtis."