Welcome to the Keys for Curtis "piano pages." For the campaign, this piano has been named after composer George Frederic Handel. Handel is one of the twenty-two composers selected to represent the deep heritage and diversity of classical music. The son of a barber-surgeon who was 63 years old at the time of his son's birth, Handel lived from 1685 to 1759. His work includes 45 operas, 31 oratorios and odes, and a wealth of instrumental music.
About This Piano
- Steinway & Sons began building fine pianos in 1853. Handmade and built to last for generations, Steinway pianos are exceptional investments as well as superb musical instruments.
- Curtis has been an "All-Steinway School" since its founding in 1924 - one of nine conservatories, eighty colleges and unversities, and twenty-one other schools of distinction so designated.
- This piano, one of the school's seven new Steinway Model O grand pianos, measures five feet ten and one-half inches in length. Like all Steinway's this new grand piano is an exceptional musical instrument, built of the finest materials to the highest standards.
- In July, 2011, Steinway "O" #587732, was delivered to Curtis and now resides in Room 210, Lenfest Hall, the Gravagno Double Bass Studio.
You Can Help by Purchasing a Piano Key
- Make a gift of $50 for each piano key you would like to buy, then Curtis will place your name next to one of this piano's eighty-eight keys, listed below.
- Make a note of the key or keys you would like to select with the name of this piano (Handel). Then make your contribution online, or call the Curtis Development Office at (215) 893-5279. Just mention that you want to give to "Keys For Curtis."
- To thank you for helping Curtis purchase this new Steinway piano, we'll list your name below and send you a "Keys for Curtis" keychain!
THANK YOU for your gift to Curtis!
|B0||3||Family of Robert Cerulli (Double Bass '61), in his honor|
|C1||4||Family of Robert Cerulli (Double Bass '61), in his honor|
|C4 - Middle C||40|
|C5||52||Tony Brown, in memory of Anne Flower Janney|
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Curtis Development Office, (215) 893-5279 and mention "Keys for Curtis."