Keys for Curtis
Here's your opportunity to purchase one or more of the 1,936 new keys on the twenty-two new Steinway pianos selected by Curtis for the school's new building, Lenfest Hall, which opened in 2011.
Buy a "Key" for Curtis
The twenty-two new pianos, purchased by Curtis from Steinway & Sons in 2011, are the heart of our "All Steinway" collection. You can help Curtis pay for these beautiful new Steinway pianos by making a gift of a key ($50), an octave ($600), or an entire keyboard ($4,400). Even now – in 2012 – Curtis will recognize your gift to our capital campaign.
If you give an entire keyboard ($4,400), you'll be invited by Curtis for a tour of the Steinway & Sons factory in Long Island City, New York, hosted by Jacobs Music Company, the official Steinway retailer in the tri-state area.
As a thank-you to all Keys for Curtis contributors, Curtis will send you a "Keys for Curtis" keychain and list your name on one of our Keys for Curtis piano web page. There is a web page for each piano, from a Steinway Model "K" upright to a Steinway Model "D" concert grand. For our Keys for Curtis campaign, each piano has been named after a famous composer - you can pick your favorite!
To make your gift, visit one - or more - of these pages to select a piano:
- J.S. Bach - Steinway Concert Grand, Model “D” - on the stage of Field Concert Hall
- Handel - Steinway Model “B” - Room 210, Lenfest Hall
- D. Scarlatti - Steinway Model “K” - Room 317, Lenfest Hall
- Mozart - Steinway Model “B” - Horszowski Room, 1726 Locust
- Beethoven - Steinway Model “O” - Room 401, Lenfest Hall
- Haydn - Steinway Model “K” - Room 312, Lenfest Hall
- Brahms - Steinway Model “B” - Room 302, Lenfest Hall
- Chopin - Steinway Model “O” - Room 305, Lenfest Hall
- Liszt - Steinway Model “O” - Room 310, Lenfest Hall
- Mendelssohn - Steinway Model “O” - Room 318, Lenfest Hall
- Schubert - Steinway Model “O” - Room 411, Lenfest Hall
- Schumann - Steinway Model “O” - Room 419, Lenfest Hall
- Tchaikovsky - Steinway Model “M” - Room 406, Lenfest Hall
- Barber - Steinway Model “A” - Room 301, Lenfest Hall
- Bartók - Steinway Upright Model “K” - Room 207, Lenfest Hall
- Bernstein - Steinway Upright Model “B” - Room 302, Lenfest Hall
- Debussy - Steinway Upright Model “M” - Room 416, Lenfest Hall
- Gershwin - Steinway Upright Model “K” - Room 316, Lenfest Hall
- Prokofiev - Steinway Upright Model “K” - Room 315, Lenfest Hall
- Rachmaninoff - Steinway Upright Model “K” - Room 313, Lenfest Hall
- Ravel - Steinway Upright Model “K” - Room 412, Lenfest Hall
- Stravinsky - Steinway Upright Model “K” - Room 414, Lenfest Hall
When making your gift, you can specify the piano and the key(s). Assignments will be made on a first-come first-served basis. Your gift to the Keys for Curtis campaign will help defray the cost of the new Steinway pianos; it is not considered a gift to the Curtis Annual Fund.
Charles Sterne III, director of principal gifts and planned giving, (215) 717-3126