Corporate, Foundation, and Government Giving
Celebrating its 90th anniversary, the Curtis Institute of Music educates and trains exceptionally gifted young musicians for careers as performing artists on the highest professional level.
Curtis offers full-tuition, merit-based scholarships to all of its 178 students and need-based financial assistance for living expenses. Through frequent performances and training with distinguished faculty, Curtis's talented students develop into consummate artists with careers at the world's most prestigious organizations.
Curtis has thrived thanks to the generosity of countless supporters, including its corporate, foundation, and government sponsors. Institutional donors sponsor concerts and events, support special projects and programs, and help Curtis students share their artistry with underserved communities.
Foundations provide some of the Curtis Institute of Music's largest sources of annual support. Foundations have helped Curtis launch new programs, such as the Community Artist Program and multi-year residency with eighth blackbird (pictured at right); commission works from emerging and established composers; and construct Lenfest Hall (pictured below) and renovate its historic facilities.
Foundations also support and strengthen ongoing initiatives including the Curtis Opera Theatre, Curtis Community Engagement Program (educational outreach), Curtis Student Assistance Fund (need-based financial assistance for living expenses), and Curtis's distinct all-scholarship policy.
Curtis is grateful for the generous support of its foundation donors and welcomes RFPs. Please call Amy Miller, director of institutional giving, at (215) 717-3186 if your foundation would like more information about how to support Curtis's training of the world's finest young performing artists for their professional careers.
Curtis thanks the following city, state, and federal agencies that supported the school in 2013–14. This public support helped share the extraordinary artistry of Curtis students with diverse audiences in the Philadelphia region.
Philadelphia Cultural Fund: General Operating Support grant
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, a state agency: Support of the free Curtis Student Recital Series and Curtis Community Engagement Program educational outreach
Contributions from the Curtis Corporate Partners support the excellence, tradition, and innovation that make Curtis a vibrant cultural resource for a global audience.
Corporate Parters enjoy a variety of benefits, including prominent recognition, when becoming part of the community of Curtis supporters.
New this year, Curtis's unique facilities are available to rent for your company function, whether a reception, a board meeting, or a formal seated dinner. From small meeting rooms to large halls with full A/V capabilities, we look forward to growing our partnership by providing exemplary, personalized service and memorable events. Learn more here.
PERFORMER: $500 (Benefits valued at $10)
- Listing in Curtis recital, opera theatre, and symphony orchestra program books and Curtis Corporate Partners web page (Circulation: 23,000)
- Discount tickets to select Curtis Symphony Orchestra and Curtis Opera Theatre performances
CHORUS: $1,000 (Benefits valued at $20)
All privileges of the previous level, plus:
- Complimentary tickets to select Curtis Symphony Orchestra and Curtis Opera Theatre performances
PRINCIPAL: $2,500 (Benefits valued at $50)
All privileges of the previous levels, plus:
- Half-page acknowledgement in Curtis Opera Theatre and Curtis Symphony Orchestra program books (Circulation: 12,000)
- Invitations to exclusive functions for Curtis supporters
SOLOIST: $5,000 (Benefits valued at $50)
All privileges of the previous levels, plus:
- Logo and link to your company's home page on Curtis Corporate Partners web page
- Full-page acknowledgement in Curtis Opera Theatre and Curtis Symphony Orchestra program books (Circulation: 12,000)
VIRTUOSO: $10,000+ (Benefits valued at $50+)
All benefits of the previous levels, plus:
- Opportunity to hire Curtis students and alumni to perform at your company function (Fees apply)
- Prominent recognition of your company's support, e.g. naming, signage, social media, logo/text in event promotional materials
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT CURTIS
- Did you know that Curtis has a variety of volunteer opportunities? From the Host Program, which exposes our students to Philadelphia culture, to office and event support, to Phonathons, to the Curtis Crescendo Club young patrons' fundraising committee, please contact us for more information so that your employees can get involved supporting our talented young artists studying here at Curtis.
- The Curtis Institute of Music considers offers of gifts of in-kind goods and/or services. Please contact us at (215) 717-3186 if your company would like to support the school in this way.
- Please save the date for our 90th Anniversary Gala, Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at the Park Hyatt at the Bellevue with an exciting new format featuring a special peformance by Curtis alumni and students. Invitations will be mailed in early 2015, and this event will provide additional opportunities for company recognition.
Please contact us for more information and to arrange a meeting/site visit so you can learn more about supporting the Curtis Institute of Music.
We look forward to working with you.