The Alumni Relations Office encourages interaction among alumni, students, and Curtis.
Curtis would not be Curtis without you, our alumni. You are the most vital expression of Curtis in the world outside Philadelphia. Thank you for the music you make, the connections you keep alive, and the integrity you bring to your work, whether it is in music or another profession.
ALUMNI SURVEY (AUGUST 2012) RESULTS
Nearly 200 alumni (13 percent) responded to the August 2012 alumni survey on benefits, programs, and giving. Here's what you told us. The information offers an ongoing guide for meaningful ways Curtis and alumni can connect.
Events and Networking
You value, most of all, events and networking. This is true of every generation. You like to be together, read about alumni gatherings, and see pictures of get-togethers.
Memorabilia interests you, especially those of you who graduated before 1982.
So, explore the memories. Our archives, programs, and recordings—the memories of your time at Curtis—are preserved in various media.
- Archive.org contains digital scans of recital programs (1924–57), admissions catalogs (1924–71), and Overtones magazine (1929-74): Select “Browse by date” for a list of the complete collection, then sample the offerings.
- We are creating a special online presence for exhibits and items of interest from the Curtis Archives. Watch your e-newsletter or the alumni Facebook page for a launch announcement.
- See a timeline of Curtis history in pictures.
- If you're in town, stop by the Graffman Common Room for an archival display of contemporary music at Curtis.
Benefits of Giving
In general, you like to waive benefits in return for your financial contribution to Curtis. Thank you!
Exception: Once in a while, you like to show your Curtis pride, even in your own kitchen with a Curtis-emblazoned item. And you want it to be of good quality. We hear you and will let you know what becomes available.
Use of Practice and Recording Facilities
You appreciate being able to use the Curtis practice rooms.
- Practicing: Alumni are welcome to practice at Curtis, subject to availability, whether you live nearby or are just in town for a day. Contact Paul Bryan, interim dean, for more information.
- Recording: Subject to availability, alumni may take advantage of our state-of-the-art recording facilities for audio or video use. Recording services are available at a special alumni discount. We don’t charge alumni a space rental fee. Contact Nan Alderson, director of facilities operations, for more information.
You didn't ask for this, but we want you to have them anyway—complimentary tickets, when available, to our Curtis Symphony Orchestra, Curtis Opera Theatre, and Curtis On Tour performances. Please contract Trish Furman in Patron Services for availability.
- Alumni Annual Fund
- Alumni Council
- Alumni Directory
- Alumni E-mail
- Alumni Gatherings
- Alumni Notations
- Alumni Recital Series
Please contact us for help with these and other inquiries.
Anne O'Donnell, director of alumni and parent programs, (215) 717-3128
Alumni Relations Office, (215) 893-5272
Visit the Alumni Relations Office on the ninth floor of 1520 Locust Street.
Curtis Institute of Music
Alumni and Parent Relations Office
1726 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103