- Bachelor’s degree in music performance, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Minimum of three years professional experience as an orchestra librarian at the conservatory or professional orchestra level. Experience as an orchestra musician preferred.
- Significant knowledge of orchestral repertoire; ability to read, understand, and transpose a full orchestra score; and ability to translate foreign language musical terms.
- Ability to copy orchestra parts cleanly and legibly using manuscript paper and/or music notation software.
- Extensive knowledge of copyright laws, and experience working with publishers related to licensing needs.
- Knowledge of and experience working with binding and photocopying equipment.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, take initiative, and exercise good judgement, while maintaining the ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of OPAS highly preferred, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with students, staff, faculty, conductors, and guest artists in a professional, confidential, timely, and tactful manner.