Curtis Summerfest is staffed with two full-time staff members, the director of residence life, and student workers. Reporting to the Summerfest Manager (SM), the Summerfest Assistant (SA) will handle a variety of duties and work alongside individuals/entities including the marketing department, summer program faculty and participants, residence life, and student workers.
SA will share in responsibilities of providing an enriching musical experience to all summer-program participants and making each student worker, faculty member, and program participant feel welcome on Curtis’ campus, particularly participants of underserved backgrounds. Provide excellent customer service and administrative assistance, assists elements of program implementation as needed, while practicing direct, thorough and regular communication with the SM.
The ideal candidate must exhibit:
• A positive, “can-do” attitude
• Desire and willingness to collaborate, think creatively, and make data-driven decisions
• Respect, courtesy, and patience for colleagues, other staff, faculty, patrons, core constituents, and volunteers
• Devotion and dedication to Curtis, its students, alumni, and parents
• Passion for his/her work, and contribution to the field and greater good
• Commitment and accountability for his/her work, and his/her ability to effect change
• An eagerness to make Curtis a more diverse and inclusive institution