The Curtis Factor
What makes this ultra-selective conservatory so special? Meet students, faculty, and alumni, hear original Curtis music, and explore the rich history of the school through The Curtis Factor: articles, videos, and multimedia from the Philadelphia Inquirer and philly.com.
- Getting into Curtis is harder than getting into Harvard, and the audition is key. One California family has three children attending. Watch Chapter 1: Audition to find out how that happened.
- At 97, piano faculty member Eleanor Sokoloff (Class of 1938) has been part of Curtis's history for eight decades. She and others reflect on the artistic personalities that have shaped the school in Chapter 2: Tradition.
- Watch Curtis students learn by doing, whether working alone in practice rooms, together in ensembles, or one-on-one in music lessons, in Chapter 3: Transformation.
- After graduation, Curtis students find their place in the wider musical world, as Chapter 4: Variation reveals.
- At Curtis Institute of Music, a new measure of success :: Photo Gallery
Sunday, December 4, 2011
- Curtis is playing to the world, and thriving :: Photo Gallery
Monday, December 5, 2011
- After stints abroad, a higher musical purpose :: A life shaped by music from Day 1 :: Photo Gallery
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Explore a photographic timeline of Curtis from its inception to the present day
- See some of the instrumental quirks photographer Tom Gralish discovered along the way
- Watch the Trio music video and meet Curtis composer Katerina Kramarchuk
- Download the Trio mp3 from iTunes