Rock Resource Center
The Rock Resource Center, at 1720 Locust Street, houses the John de Lancie Library, Curtis Archives, and Curtis Communications Department. Named after Dr. Milton L. Rock, a generous former chairman of the Curtis Board of Trustees, the Rock Resource Center aims to provide Curtis students, faculty, and staff with the best possible collection of printed music, books, periodicals, recordings, and electronic resources.
John de Lancie Library
The John de Lancie Library contains more than sixty-five thousand volumes of music scores and books, including over one hundred scholarly sets of composers’ complete works, authoritative editions of the standard repertoire, and more than thirty-three thousand audio and video recordings.
The Curtis Archives document and preserve the history of the Curtis Institute of Music and make its records and materials available to the greater Curtis community and researchers. Use of some materials may be restricted by limitations imposed by law, donor stipulations, Curtis policies, or preservation concerns. The archives may be consulted by appointment only.