Main Building, 1726 Locust Street
This beautiful wood-paneled recital hall has been the centerpiece of Curtis performances for more than 80 years. The space is perfect for solo and ensemble acoustic performances, master classes, and recording sessions, and is also a gracious and unique space for receptions and seated dinners.
- ≈1320 s.f. main floor, plus balcony seating; stage is ≈16.5'x 15'
- Handicap accessible
- Concert seating = 238 guests max
- Reception (clear floor) = 150 guests max
- Dinner = 80 guests max
- Audio-visual capabilities include screen and projector, sound amplification, sound and video recording; audio-visual fees apply
Space rental includes seating for full concert set-up (238 seats), and one table and chair in the Graffman Common Room for registration or ticket sales. Additional charges apply for banquet/reception set-ups, according to equipment required.
The Opera Studio Theatre is a flexible black-box space that can accommodate flexible staging and seating configurations for performances, rehearsals, lectures, and meetings.
- ≈1280 s.f. plus stage; stage is ≈13' x 32'
- Theatre-style seating = 112 guests max
- Meeting (open square or U-shape) = 34 guests max
- Additional charges for set-up and strike apply if seating on risers is required
Note: The Opera Studio Theatre is on the 3rd floor and is not a handicap-accessible space.
The elegant Bok Room, named after Curtis's founder, Mary Louise Curtis Bok, features three beautiful ceiling murals painted by Edwin Blashfield and a large oak conference table that once belonged to Mrs. Bok's father, Cyrus Curtis.
- 605 s.f.
- Seating at conference table = 18 guests max
- Reception = 25 - 30 guests max
- Conference phone available
Note: Furniture may not be removed from this space.