Title: Piano Technician
Reports to: Chief Piano Technician
Department: Piano Maintenance Workshop
The Piano Technician is a full-time position which reports to the Chief Piano Technician. The successful candidate will assist in concert-level tuning, voicing, regulation, repair, and rebuilding to maintain performance, teaching studio, classroom, and practice room pianos both on the Curtis campus and at off-site venues. As Curtis is an all-Steinway school, candidates should have experience with installation and use of genuine Steinway parts and be familiar with Steinway geometry changes. Candidates should be adept at multi-tasking projects and have a flexible schedule to coincide with changes in rehearsals, teaching times, and a busy performance schedule throughout the year. Working closely with faculty, students, staff, guest artists, and members of the community, the successful candidate must have good communication skills and be able to help create and maintain a positive and professional demeanor. Applicants should ideally have earned their RPT status and be highly organized, self-motivated, efficient, and committed to accomplishing work with the highest standards. Curtis supports continuing education for this position.
Information about Curtis facilities can be found at: http://www.curtis.edu/about-curtis/facilities/
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, two professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefits package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. Position will be open until filled. No phone calls, please. EOE.
The senior accountant, reporting to the senior controller, will assist in the maintenance and oversight of the day-to-day accounting and financial operations of Curtis by working with the senior controller to maintain financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The position will involve annual audit responsibilities, investment reporting relating to Curtis's endowment fund, planning and reports for Curtis's physical facilities, and working with the senior controller and other employees in various departments on long range planning projects and strategic goals.
- Reconciling Curtis’s treasury function, including the proper recording and classification of ACH/wire transactions as well as review of all transactions received and recorded by Finance staff.
- Work with the Finance team to prepare month end closing and financial reporting, including responsibility for the accuracy of key financial statement accounts (e.g. investments, fixed assets, payroll).
- With the senior controller, establish and monitor the annual budget - coordinating and acting as support with other departments on an ongoing basis.
- Act as a key member of the finance team to assist in reaching targeted goals.
- Research financial drivers and variances via financial queries, analyzing general and subsidiary ledgers, and communicating with financial and non-financial personnel.
- Participate in all aspects of the annual audit and satisfy auditors’ requests for reports and data.
- Serve as liaison with Advancement department to ensure compatibility of systems with Finance records.
- Ability to compile both routine and ad hoc financial reports by pulling data from the accounting system as needed accompanied with the technological expertise to expedite the reconciliation process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- B.S. in accounting required.
- Minimum of five years accounting experience in a public firm or with private industry/not-for-profit.
- Experience with and working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, particularly accounting for investments and fair value measurements.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, managing ever changing and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work well with people at various levels (including non-financial people).
- Must possess strong analytical skills and trustworthiness.
- Expert-level proficiency with Excel required. Experience with ERP/accounting software (e.g. Blackbaud, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.) preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefits package. Position will be open until filled. No relocation assistance will be offered. No phone calls, please. EOE.