The Digital Content Producer makes manifest the various programs and outcomes outlined in Curtis’s Strategic Direction by creating high-quality content and digital assets that build awareness of Curtis’s brand. S/he develops content ideas for engaging stories across Curtis’s digital ecosystem, including social media platforms and websites. S/he will shoot, edit, and upload live event footage, as well as content for other Curtis marketing campaigns. This includes but is not limited to photos, videos, digital copy, blogs, web pages and other assets as required. The DCP manifests Curtis’s Strategic Direction through the creation of engaging stories, images and digital experiences; understands how to measure the impact of the work s/he creates; keeps audience engagement and user experience paramount; and is excited to stay abreast of the latest trends in digital storytelling.
Digital Storytelling and Brand Proliferation:
- The Digital Content Producer is responsible for development and coordination of content for online initiatives that align with the school’s positioning and branding strategies. S/he will create/develop content for Curtis’s websites and social media platforms as assigned.
- The Digital Content Producer, under the guidance of the Digital Project Manager, must quickly develop an understanding of Curtis’s marketing needs and create appropriately branded digital assets that achieve the broader goals of the External Affairs and Patron Engagement team, as well as those outlined in Curtis’s Strategic Direction.
- Assist the Digital Project Manager with ongoing recommendations to improve SEO, navigation, and user experiences across all Curtis digital properties.
- Must accurately develop and drive timelines, reliably meeting ongoing and tight deadlines.
Accountability & Analytics:
- Work with External Affairs and Patron Engagement Team and Digital Project Manager to develop and track meaningful measures of impact across Curtis’s digital ecosystem.
- Establish, implement, and maintain processes, guidelines and schedules to ensure social media content remains up-to-date and is continually refreshed across Curtis’s digital ecosystem.
- Production experience in video, photography, and audio best practices for digital content production
- Outstanding writing, editing, and storytelling skillset, including the ability to think in words and images to create digital assets that are commensurate with the expectations of a best-in-class musical conservatory
- 2+ years of experience posting to and managing social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems, social media, and analytics tools.
- Knowledgeable with marketing analytics – experience with creating and measuring engagement across digital channels
- Comfortable learning and adapting new technologies and processes
- Initiative and entrepreneurial attitude; relationship builder; enthusiastic collaborator
- Demonstrated knowledge of classical music
- Availability on evenings and weekends as required to document live events
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, a sample portfolio of assets created (for assessment purposes only, information shared is confidential, feel free to remove names or other details you are not comfortable sharing), three professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com by July 1, 2016. Position begins August 1, 2016. Curtis offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. No phone calls, please. EOE.
Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Public Relations and Patron Engagement
The Marketing Manager is a skilled collaborator, creative thinker, and energetic contributor who plans and implements a comprehensive marketing and communications program to raise awareness of the Curtis brand. This data enthusiast will implement, and will coach others to implement, new marketing concepts across the school. S/he partners with other members of the External Affairs and Patron Engagement Team to expand and reimagine Curtis’s digital communications. S/he will play a key role in developing a new, departmental-wide persona-based customer segmentation framework: applying relevant analyses to identify well-defined customer segments on which Curtis can grow brand awareness, drive ticket sales, and continue to successfully compete for the world’s top musical talent.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an annual marketing plan and corresponding budget, to build audiences for Curtis performances and raise institutional visibility, in response to metrics and small-scale market research. S/he will:
- Grow basic capabilities across Curtis related to persona-driven segmentation.
- Promote and foster a data-driven approach to decision making, using existing data and recommending and establishing additional metrics to assess the impact of major marketing initiatives.
- Incite a customer-centric culture of marketing and communication.
- Work closely with the Patron Services Manager to plan and implement annual ticket buying/subscription campaign, in print and online.
- Oversee the design and production of all marketing materials, promotions and advertisements.
- Help the External Affairs Team stay abreast of current developments in content trends, marketing, technology, SEO, social media and e-mail marketing.
CRM and E-Mail
The Marketing Manager will expand Curtis’s abilities to make the most of the marketing opportunities its current CRM system (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge) offers, while contributing to the institution’s ongoing discussion about replacing or improving its CRM platform. S/he will:
- Monitor effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising strategies through attendance figures, statistics relating to BBNC e-newsletter campaigns, Curtis.edu analytics, and other metrics.
- Create and build various email lists and campaigns, including the design templates, calls-to-action, and content used in e-mail sends.
- Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers (donors, ticket-buyers, or applicants).
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through e-mail.
Writing, Design, and Project Management
The Marketing Manager will manage and contribute to the creative development of all marketing materials, promotions, and advertisements in print and online to ensure consistent visual identity and effective storytelling for the Curtis brand. S/he will:
- Write interesting, creative, short-form copy that connects and creates impact; this can include brochures, websites, marketing materials, direct mail campaigns, blogs, social media content, e-mail marketing, etc.
- Conceive print promotions and signage for Curtis performances, overseeing their design, printing and distribution in-house or by vendors; design smaller promotions as needed.
- Manage the creative development of printed materials for special events and other advancement/institutional activities.
- BA/BS and 5-7 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with a CRM application.
- Proven experience using customer segmentation to drive successful campaigns, including success with e-mail marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics.
- Understanding of integrated marketing; fluency with the ways various offline/online and brand/direct response channels work together.
- Strong brand messaging and creative experience; understands how to develop brand messaging strategy and execute through creative in print and online.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both written, visual, and verbal form).
- Highly proficient with HTML and fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems, social media and analytics tools.
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, an example of a marketing plan created by the applicant (optional and for assessment purposes only, information shared is confidential, feel free to remove names or other details you are not comfortable sharing), three professional references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2016. Curtis offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. No phone calls, please. EOE.
Title: Piano Technician
Reports to: Chief Piano Technician
Department: Piano Maintenance Workshop
The Piano Technician is a full-time position which reports to the Chief Piano Technician. The successful candidate will assist in concert-level tuning, voicing, regulation, repair, and rebuilding to maintain performance, teaching studio, classroom, and practice room pianos both on the Curtis campus and off-site venues. As Curtis is an all-Steinway school, candidates should have experience with installation and use of genuine Steinway parts and be familiar with Steinway geometry changes. Candidates should be adept at multi-tasking projects and have a flexible schedule to coincide with changes in rehearsals, teaching times, and a busy performance schedule throughout the year. Working closely with faculty, students, staff, guest artists, and members of the community, the successful candidate must have good communication skills and be able to help create and maintain a positive and professional demeanor. Applicants should ideally have earned their RPT status and be highly organized, self-motivated, efficient, and committed to accomplishing work with the highest standards. Curtis supports continuing education for this position.
Information about Curtis facilities can be found at: http://www.curtis.edu/about-curtis/facilities/
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, two professional references, and salary requirements to email@example.com by July 1, 2016. Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefits package. Hire is contingent upon the successful passing of PA Act 153 and criminal (ADP) background screenings. Position will be open until filled. No phone calls, please. EOE.