Title: Vice President of External Affairs and Patron Engagement
Reports to: Senior Vice president of Advancement
A member of the school's senior management team and leader within the advancement department, the vice president of external affairs and patron engagement strategically leverages all channels and platforms—in print and online—to engage internal and external audiences in support of integrated recruitment, audience-building, fundraising, patron engagement, and lifelong learning goals for one of the world's leading conservatories so that Curtis can implement goals for an ambitious 10-year strategic direction and accompanying campaign.
- Oversees brand, digital strategy and implementation, communications, public relations, visual identity, patron services, online and print publications, and marketing, plus all advancement data services functions at the Curtis Institute of Music.
- Manages and strategically guides creation of key communications vehicles (including, but not limited to, print publications, promotional collateral, online environments, e-messaging, and promotional video content) and proliferation of key messages to various Curtis constituents to strengthen and heighten the Curtis brand locally, nationally, and internationally for all performance activities, fundraising initiatives and campaigns, and institutional objectives.
- Drives development and implementation of strategic direction themes and imperatives regarding brand proliferation (across eleven sub-brands) and digital optimization (including an anticipated comprehensive website refresh and integration of more than six disparate online environments, supporting back-end systems, online messaging, and social media extensions).
- Leads a staff of 10 full-time and part-time employees in these efforts, which include promoting and publicizing more than 200 performances annually in Philadelphia and around the world, while closely collaborating with artistic programming team.
- Staffs trustee committees (Digital Committee and Communications and Patron Engagement Committee).
- Collaborates on and leverages digital opportunities like Curtis Performs, the HD online stage; live streams; and MOOCs, reaching 90K+ new constituents worldwide (in collaboration with the online learning team).
- Maintains institutional crisis communications plans and coordinates international diplomatic relations.
- Serves as key liaison, contractually and strategically, for institutional relationships with external vendors/consultants engaged around public relations (including crisis communications), design and branding, digital development and design, IT shared services, and print services.
- Management of large-scale strategic brand-building, marketing, and/or public relations projects and deliverables within an arts, educational, or other nonprofit institution.
- Experience in guiding the strategy, planning, and implementation of large-scale digital projects (websites, e-messaging, etc.).
- Superlative organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; flexible style, a plus.
- Superb writing and editing skills; storyboarding and experience in video production a plus.
- Ability to collaborate to accomplish goals on time and on budget while working with a diverse team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving attitude: relishing challenges, finding creative solutions, and facilitating productive relationships.
- Proven track-record of success in a metrics-driven environment.
- Inspiring leadership style; positive demeanor; diplomacy and presentation skills to serve as an institutional spokesperson.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Routine for office environment.
For best consideration, interested and qualified applicants should electronically submit a cover letter, resume, two professional references, and salary requirements to: email@example.com by September 4, 2015 . Curtis offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an attractive benefits package. No phone calls, please. EOE.